Step 1 - Create an account
- Go to https://creative.dmu.ac.uk/student-registration
- You will need your P number this will act as your username on this website.
- Register your personal details, confirm your P number, the academic course you are enrolled on, and an email address (please do not use your DMU P number email address as this expires once you have graduated). (Note, your first and second name, is the name that will be displayed publicly on you profile and URL e.g. John Smith)
- You will then receive an email confirmation giving you access to the website using a one-time login password. (Note, this one-time password is only active for 24 hours).
- If you don’t receive the email, check your junk mail folders and add any communication from us to your safe senders list.
- Follow the prompts on the website to log-in and set your password to a more permanent password. (Note, we recommend using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters as well as numbers).
- You are now ready to create your portfolio.
Step 2 - Create a portfolio
For your portfolio as a whole:
- Enter the name of your collection, if applicable.
- Enter a biography of who you are, what your portfolio illustrates, what motivates / inspires you and any details of internships, awards and relevant work projects. You can incorporate minimal formatting to emphasise certain parts of your text, such as bullet points or making text bold or italic. (Note, maximum 300 words can be entered for a biography).
- Select keyword tags that best describe and categorise your portfolio. To select more than one tag you must hold the Ctrl key in one list. (Note, you must choose at least one item from the materials, skills or specialism lists).
- Add up to 5 work entries within your personal portfolio, which you can edit and / or remove if required. We advise you make full use of the number of work entries and recommend at least 3.
Within each work entry, you have the ability to:
- Add either an image or a YouTube URL; (Note, maximum upload file size for images is 2MB. Allowed file types are .png .jpg .jpeg. Landscape images must be at least 768 pixels wide. Portrait must be at least 600 pixels high. YouTube URL’s must be entered as the full URL, i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBi8Q_dg00U
- Enter a brief title of the work and a bigger description, which is visible to a user when they hover over the image.
- Mark which work entry is showcased by ticking ‘Default’. (Note, this can only be an image, and will be displayed on a course portfolio page as your lead image).
- Add personal contact details, i.e. email address, contact number and website. (Note, these details will be in the public domain).
- Add social media links, i.e. YouTube, Pinterest, ISSUU, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Add ecommerce links, e.g. Etsy shops etc. (Note, URL’s enter must be entered in full, including the ‘http://www’).
Step 3 - Reviewing and publishing your portfolio
Once you have entered all the information you would like to display, you have two options:
- Save and Preview, where you can check what members of the public will see in a non-published state and edit where necessary.
- Publish, where your portfolio will be added to the live website. (Note, if you edit a published portfolio, it will need to be re-published before it is visible publicly again).
Step 4 - Promote your portfolio
- Use your unique web address to direct people to your portfolio and include it on business cards, promotional material and your CV.
- Give the address to people visiting the De Montfort University Art and Design Degree Show and to potential employers.
- Use social media networks to advertise your portfolio and direct people to view your work.
If you need to contact us email on firstname.lastname@example.org.